Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The boardgamegeek 2015 10x10 Challenge

Xia: Legends of a Drift System

So, for 2015 I decided to join the BGG 2015 10x10 Challenge.

THIS is a link to my geeklist that I'm using to keep track of how many of each game I have played so that the person running it, Sarah Reed (SilvaShado), can confirm that I haven't changed anything on my list since my first entry and that I've completed them all by the end of the year.

The challenge is to choose 10 board games that you will play 10 times each in the year 2015. It's basically a silly reason to simply have more fun and play more games. However, I've decided to use it as a way to learn more about the games I play, investigate new strategies throughout each play so I can really give the games a good shake down on their mechanics, balance in variety of strategies, and overall replay value.

I will be posting play through recaps of every single game (yes that means 100 recaps) with analysis of my own strategies as well as others. And there will most likely be occasional reviews in there as well, possibly with conflicting ratings throughout the process only to do a complete review once a game has reached 10 plays unless I feel like there need to be more first.

Cyclades

The games I chose for my 2015 10x10 Challenge are:

1 - Cyclades
2 - Doomtown: Reloaded
3 - The Castles of Burgundy
4 - Machi Koro
5 - Yedo
6 - CO2
7 - Xia: Legends of a Drift System
8 - Mice and Mystics
9 - Lords of Vegas
10 - Alien Frontiers
Alternate - 7 Wonders

The alternate is there as sort of a mulligan if you decide later you'd rather do that game over 1 in the list. The challenge is complete as long as you play 10 out of the 11 games 10 times each. There are 2 different options, Normal and Hardcore challenges. I chose Hardcore which just means that the list can never change. I already have 4 games under my belt. 1 each of Alien Frontiers, The Castles of Burgundy, Xia, and Yedo; so stay tuned for Play through recaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment